This bonnet range is inspired by the art of Adire [ah-dih-reh], a tie and dye technique native to the Yoruba peoples of southwestern Nigeria. Adire has been preserved for centuries by traditional makers, and we hope to continue celebrating the art, with a modern twist in bonnet form!
- Double layered satin bonnet
- on one side, the Adire inspired print in transitioning blue hues, reversing onto a plain, sky blue satin side.
- Adjustable elastic perimeter, for customisation to the perfect head and hair size fit
- Drawstring and toggle feature for additional security whilst sleeping
- An essential hair-care tool for health hair promotion
Benefits of a satin bonnet
- Unlike standard cotton pilllowcases that suck the moisture out of hair-shaft, satin encourages the retention of moisture in the hairstrands, promoting healthier, hydrated hair.
- Keeps hairstyles neater for longer, by containing the hair in a satin smooth barrier, minimising frizz and bed hair
- minimises the friction and rubbing that causes balding, traction alopecia and breakage.
- seals and protects your hair strands, cushioning from split ends and hair damage.
Kids: Recommended for children aged 2-5 years, perfect for protecting short, medium density hair. Should the child have past shoulder length or very full hair, opt for a standard bonnet and use the adjustable drawstring to tailor the bonnet to a smaller head size.
Standard: Perfect protection for medium density hair reaching up to the shoulders.
Maxi: Ideal for volumous or long hair, including braids and protective styles