This bonnet pays homage to the Bogolan or bologanfini fabric of Mali. Also known as “mud cloth”, the cotton fabric is traditionally made with fermented mud, depicting intricate symbolisms. We created this bonnet to honour the Malian craft, whilst morning it so you can celebrate Africa even as you sleep and protect your hair!
This range comes from our Fabrics of Africa collection, a celebration of African textiles and traditional fabric design methods.
- Double layered, reversible satin bonnet
- on one side, the Bogolan inspired print in warm earth-toned hues, reversing onto a plain, champagne coloured satin side.
- Adjustable elastic perimeter, for customisation to the perfect head and hair size fit
- Drawstring and toggle feature for additional security whilst sleeping
- An essential hair-care tool for health hair promotion
97% satin, 2% elastic, 1% plastic
Hand wash or gentle machine wash on warm
Tumble dry low or air-dry
Do not bleach
Kids: Recommended for children aged 2-5 years, perfect for protecting short, medium density hair. Should the child have past shoulder length or very full hair, opt for a standard bonnet and use the adjustable drawstring to tailor the bonnet to a smaller head size.
Standard: Perfect protection for medium density hair reaching up to the shoulders.
Maxi: Ideal for volumous or long hair, including braids and protective styles
Benefits of a Satin Bonnet
Benefits of a satin bonnet
- Unlike standard cotton pillowcases that suck the moisture out of hair-shaft, satin encourages the retention of moisture in the hair strands, promoting healthier, hydrated hair.
- Keeps hairstyles neater for longer, by containing the hair in a satin smooth barrier, minimising frizz and bed hair
- minimises the friction and rubbing that causes balding, traction alopecia and breakage
- seals and protects your hair strands, cushioning from split ends and hair damage.